Routine deliveries (i.e. copier paper, coffee, office supplies, etc.) may be made between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday without reservations (one elevator load only).
Motorized pallet jacks are not permitted in any elevators.
The tenant must schedule delivery of freight, furniture, large amounts of business equipment (in or out of the building) with the Management Office.
All items brought into or out of the Building on hand-trucks must be taken in our out via the freight elevator at street level. No hand trucks or carts are allowed in the Lobby of the building or in the passenger elevators at any time. Hand trucks are never allowed on the escalators.
Listed below are the general guidelines for using the freight elevators. This information is to serve as a guideline only. Please call the Management Office to schedule all moves and any unusual (oversize, overweight) single load deliveries
- All moves and deliveries requiring more than one trip in the freight elevator must be scheduled in advance through the Management Office. All freight elevator reservations should be made or confirmed by the firm’s Office/Facilities Manager or authorized signatory.
a. These deliveries/moves may be scheduled after 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and
must be completed and the mover out of the building by 7:00 a.m. Weekends may be
scheduled 24 hours. Retail tenants may schedule weekend moves before or after retail
b. Single load deliveries may be made between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday through
Friday with the approval of the Management Office.
1. Delivery personnel should be advised not to hold/detain the elevator at any time.
They are to call the elevator, load their delivery, unload, and immediately release
2. The freight elevators are very busy between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. so please
avoid this time if possible.
2. All moves after hours require the use of masonite (approximately 140 ft.) taped down with duct tape to protect the tile from the street curb to the elevator unless carts with pneumatic wheels are used.
a. To protect the common area flooring from damage, all moves conducted on multi-
tenant floors must have a path of masonite laid from the elevator to the door of the suite.
3. The tenant must provide key access to the mover. Embarcadero Center Management will not unlock any tenant space. We recommend that a tenant representative be on site during all moves/ deliveries.
4. The mover or tenant representative must check in with the Lobby Attendant prior to the start of the move and again when the move is complete.
5. To prevent unauthorized use of the elevator, one person from the moving company must stay with the freight elevator during the duration of the move.
6. Movers must share the elevator at all times with building services personnel.
a. If you reserve an elevator for the entire evening during weeknights, then janitorial
services will require use of the elevator from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and again from
10:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.